Everyone wants a good marriage, but good marriages take work. Sometimes a couple can use the help of another couple who is a little further down the road. That’s what Marriage Mentoring is all about. Marriage Mentoring pairs a couple who wants to make their marriage better with a couple who will walk with them through that process.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Any couple experiencing difficulties in their marriage and wanting to make their marriage better
- Any couple who has a good marriage and wants to make it even better
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO?
- Commit to meet regularly with a mentor couple
- Complete regular assignments in the mentoring workbook
- Commit to be faithful to each other, to the process and to God...even when tempted to do otherwise
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
- The actual amount of time will depend on the issues being resolved and the commitment of the couple. The process could take between 6 and 12 months.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- Mentee couples will be asked to pay $50 to cover the cost of the online couple assessment and mentoring materials used.
- Couples who can’t pay the $50 fee will be assessed on an individual basis and if the need is deemed legitimate, they will be asked to pay a lesser amount.
HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
- Email or call the Counseling Office, 706.922.7041.
- Take your online assessment.
- Counseling Ministry will match you with a mentor couple.
- You will meet with the mentor couple, and if everyone feels like it’s a good fit, you will make the commitment to proceed with mentoring.
The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman
The DNA of Relationships, by Dr. Gary Smalley
The Secrets to Lasting Love: Uncovering the Keys to Life-Long Intimacy, by Gary Smalley